About Oetune Beach
Oetune beach, have you heard it before? It is a wonderful place where you can spend some time to relax and take a bunch of photograph for your instagram. This lovable beach is unique yet attractive at the same time.
Oetune beach located in Oebelo, South Amanuban, Timor Tengah Selatan regency, East of Nusa Tenggara. This beach is different from any other beaches in Indonesia. Here you can find a mix of blue sea water, nice beach sands, and what the most amazing things is the very existence of a desert. Yup, a desert within a beach is existed here in Oetune beach. The desert expanse is about 100 square meters.
It is as if you are in the middle of the desert in Middle East country. Near the desert you can find typical beach plants include palm leaves. Lontar palms lined up looking around the beach, and people usually sold for the fruit. You can taste this fresh fruit at the price of Rp 3K – 5K/piece. Along with lontar palm trees, you can also find Kasuari trees here.
The unique landscape of Oetune beach often used by a lot of people for a photograph session. Including pre wedding session, or others. Aside from that you can also enjoy the beautiful of the beach and sea breeze in a gazebo like called lopo. Unlike the lopo in Kalbano beach, here you can find plenty of it. The government has been developed this beach, by giving enough facilities.
And in addition to that, you can see a white sandy beach that overlooks the borders of Australia. It is an attractive view for mos t of the tourists. If you want to visit this beach, consider that it will be too crowd during weekends.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Oetune beach is during dry season from April to October. Avoid Januari to Februari since it might be quite heavy rain during these months. And in addition that you might find a huge crowd during this months.
So if you want to spend a nice, comfy, peace, and quite atmosphere go find another months to visit this place. And if you want not to many people here during your visit, you’d better to pick weekdays.
If the weather is nice and bright, you will be able to see a magnificent scenery of blue water and white sky, along with white sand and the green of lontar palms and Kasuari trees.
How to Get Here
To visit Oetune beach you need at least 2 – 3 hours of driving. The road access to this beach is smooth, you will pass the southern crossing line. The road is a bit winding and up and down. And you might want to take your medicine along.
The distance between the beach of Oetune with the city of Kupang is about 135 KM. All across the road you will find a nice view like hills, and typical Timor houses. You won’t get bored since it will pleased your eyes. Right before reaching this place you will find a crossing path that if you take straight ahead, you will reach Kolbano beach.
There are some travel guides that you need to know before visiting Oetune beach. It will make your trip more comfortable and pleasant.
- Don’t forget to bring enough cash since you will needed som here. For the entrance tickets you will not be charge, but you have to pay for parking fees for about Rp 1K-3K.
- You can use some cash to buy lontar fruit from the kids around the beach or if you want to use .
- The facility here is quite complete, but you need to bring your own needs like shampoo, towel, and soap if you decide to swim here.
- To make your vacation smoother, you need to book a rental car from Kupang to Oetune beach.
- Remember to bring along your phone or camera to take a bunch of photograph here. This place is what people said as instagramable places.
- It is important for you to bring along enough food or meal since the small shop near here only sell snacks.
- For the accomodation like hotel or lodging, we recommend you to pick a hotel in Kupang. Since it is not to far from the beach. You can find a lot of options here rather than staying near Oetune.
Now that’s all about the information you need to now before visiting Oetune beach in Kupan. Remember that wherever you decide to go during your vacation, keep it in mind to always protect the nature. Don’t leave any trash especially in this lovable beach. Enjoy your time!